Client : Abigroup
Location : Lane Cove, NSW
Contract Value : Between $5m & 10m
Completion Date : November 2005
M Central is located on the Pyrmont / Darling Harbour perimeter and consists of 164 residential apartments, a spectacular 2600m² roof garden and 6 retail spaces. The completion of M Central, a new inner-city loft-style apartment complex, has resurrected a forgotten piece of Sydney history. In 1882 R. Goldsbrough & Co built its first Sydney wool store in Pyrmont to take advantage of Darling Harbour and the rail system. The site first became a woolstore in 1906 with the construction of the Pitt, Son & Badgery building, which is now known as M Central 1. Goldbrough Mort constructed two additional wool stores (Number 2 & 3 store) on Harris Street in 1925, the building which is now known as M Central 2. By the 1930’s Pyrmont and Ultimo was New South Wales’ wool store centre. In recognition of the site’s heritage, the M in M Central stands for Merino.