Client : Multiplex
Location : Paddington, NSW
Contract Value : Between $5m & 10m
Completion Date : April 2019
‘The Terraces’ project is a re-development of the existing Scottish Hospital site, which is a unique and sizeable landholding providing approximately 1.48 hectares in area and includes the following;.
· Replacement of the existing 88 bed residential aged care facility with a new 100 bed facility including a 23 bed dementia unit;
· Construction of 70 new seniors independent living units in four new buildings;
· Adaptive conversion of the Scottish Hospital heritage building to contain nine (9) seniors apartments with the retention and restoration of heritage features such as the terraced gardens;
· Creation of space for future community care programs as well as a range of amenities for residents and visitors; and
· Dedication of land to Woollahra Council to expand the public park on the northern boundary of the site known as Dillon St Reserve.
Services capability for the new site will include: dementia-specific care, palliative care, respite care and other more complex medical needs, more dedicated activities spaces for residents, including lounge/common and dining/activity areas, a library and games room, spa and gymnasium, recreational swimming pool and a communal vegetable garden area for residents to enjoy.